Need inspiration for term 2. Our Robotics showcase and afterschool professional learning program are the perfect solution.
5th April – Robotics Showcase
This term’s MacICT’s 2011 Robotics (Bee-Bots) Project will culminate when teachers and students working with the exciting programmable floor robot, the Bee-Bot, meet together at the Robotics Showcase video conference on Tuesday 5th April.
K-2 Students from 15 NSW schools will be recounting their learning experiences integrating Bee-Bots into their classrooms and across all Key Learning Areas. These students come from a wide variety of learning contexts. Schools vary from small to large suburban schools, some are single grade classrooms, some are two-grade composite classrooms and a few are country schools with only a few students per grade in multi-grade composite classrooms.
As a result of their involvement in this project, teachers have created a repository of resources to support each other in integrating robotic toys into the learning program. Students have negotiated, explained, predicted, applied technology and problem-solved in a wide range of circumstances to suit their learning needs. Most important of all, students were excited, engaged and having fun learning!
All teachers are invited to join the video conference, set for 1:30pm, to find out what has been happening and how they too, can join in the project in Term 2.
- 5/4 – Robotics (Bee-Bots) Showcase video conference @ 1:30pm – (151NSR027)
- 5/5 – Robotics (Probots) Showcase video conference @ 1:30pm
- Email Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in similar Robotics projects focusing on Bee-Bots, Probots or NXTs.
22nd March – After School Professional Learning via Video Conference
Following the popularity of the recent series of Operation Innovate VCs we have decided to create a new afternoon run of the same VCs, covering topics such as Managing Online Learning which discusses Edmodo and Cyber Citizenship, Research and Creative Commons discussing copyright free resources for kids, Students as Creative Producers demonstrating the features of software such as LAMS, podcasting and free game design software. Register now for these quick, easy professional learning opportunities.
- 22/3 – Social Networking and Managing Online Learning VC – Edmodo, Digital Citizenship – (DV00923)
- 29/3 – Research and Creative Commons – cool unblocked digital media resources – (DV00925)
- 5/4 – Students as Creative Producers – software examples including LAMS, podcasting, free game design – (DV00922)
9th June – MacICT Conference “Mission Possible: Light the fuse of learning”
Come and play in our innovation sandpit, equipped with state of the art technologies and flexible furnishings. This hands-on conference will inspire you to try new, practical ideas within your own classroom. It will include short video conferences, beginners’ workshops on creative and innovative technologies including games, LAMS, Edmodo, mobile devices and blogs as well as fun group activities aimed at developing collegial networks and students as creative producers.
- 9/6 – “Mission Possible: Light the fuse of learning” – (Course code TBA) Put this date in the diary NOW!
Book now on MyPL@DET for courses @MacICT next fortnight
- 22/3 – Social Networking and Managing Online Learning VC @ 3:30pm – Edmodo, Cyber Citizenship (DV00923)
- 24/3 – Building an Online Learning Community VC @ 7:30 am (DV00921)
- 24/3 – Creating Resources in Moodle (151NSR007)
- 28/3 – Wikis in the Classroom (151NSR031)
- 31/3 – Social Networking Tools (151NSR029)
- 31/3 – Good Game Design NOW A REGISTERED COURSE (151NSR072)
Image by qthomasbower on Flickr.