What is a podcast?
Read this explanation from iTunes. In summary the benefits of podcasting include:
- It is an easy, low cost way to host audio and video files
- It helps facilitate an ongoing relationship between the producer (you) and the consumer by providing a subscription service
- Podcasts are attractive to subscribers because they are free and easy to acces
Step 1: Create the audio track using Avairy.com.
First navigate to the Myna application. Watch this Myna demonstration to gain a quick understanding of how to use the tool.
Step 2: Add images and publish your file using Podomatic minicast maker.
Podomatic allows you to combine your audio track with image files to create a rich multimedia podcast.
- You’ll need to sign up to Podomatic or ask your teacher for the login details if you are using a class account.
- First you’ll need to make the mini-cast
- Next you’ll add it to your podcasts, this will give you the rss link that you can use to add to iTunes
Step 3: Add your podcast to iTunes
iTunes accepts podcasts from all users into the podcast directory. You can search the podcast directory for interesting podcasts.
- All the instructions are available in the iTunes support area. Click here to read more
- You’ll need to navigate to the podcast directory
- Then you’ll need to find the ‘submit my podcast’ option
- Once you have submitted it might take a couple of days for your podcast to appear in the directory
Find out more about podcasting by visiting these posts: